Saturday, September 20, 2014

Effort Feels So Good

I love school.

I know, weird.

Yeah, summer's great and all, but I just love having projects and such things. Not that I can't in the summer, but it's much more formal in the school year.

I get to put so much effort into things in the school year. From putting thought into what I wear everyday, to packing a lunch I won't regret by lunchtime, effort is just amazing. 

I've been putting effort into everything since school started. Yes, even gym class. ;) To want to just give up and put in something 'okay', but instead keep going and put in something 'good', or even 'great', feels so great.

When we walked into English on the first day, I was disappointed that our first blog of the school year was going to be on 'justice'. I had been so excited to get back into English, and I don't even care about our first discussion piece. 


When I first started the blog, I was just throwing down random stuff for the grade. Then I scratched that, and started over. And actually really attempted the blog. That felt so much better than my original writing. I've had to restart multiple things already this year, after realizing I'm not really giving it my best. But it's always been so worth it.

It's just great. I'm so thankful for God giving me this precious time of work and study. I'm thankful for my great school, my teachers, my classes. It's wonderful. I even like the maths right now. :O (shocked gasp from all the assembly)


And, getting cello time every morning, first thing in the morning? Oh, yeah.



I pray I'll be able to do my work and duties faithfully during this school year, and be able to respect all my teachers and classmates and everyone else as who they are -- God's beautiful creations.

Oh, and who doesn't love a good fall storm? <3


2 comments:

  1. Love the words you said to describe this! It's a very good message for all of us and I think you said it all very well. Awesome that you are putting effort into most things, if not everything. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Now, get back to that autobiography and give it some real effort! :) (p.s. hard work really does feel good, doesn't it???)

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love to hear your thoughts:) And hey, thanks for reading.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...