Friday, October 31, 2014

Own the Challenge

As some of you may know, tomorrow marks the beginning of NaNoWriMo. Insane writers unite to take on the challenge of writing a 50,000 word novel in one month. Yeah. It's pretty crazy.

My good friend from English class (who, by the way, is a FANTASTIC writer) has been planning this year's NaNoWriMo since last December. She's so excited, it's totally contagious.

And then there's me, who decided to do this today, on the way to lunch.

Good job, me.

I have so much planning to do! This is going to be so great. I'm not going for such a lofty word count. I don't write that often, and there's no way I would have the stamina for it. But I'm going for a novel. Maybe a novella. ....or a novelette...whatever. It'll be really, really hard to stay motivated, but I am going to do it.

SO, for the next 30 days, expect a lot of writing posts. I am going to be learning so much, and I am getting to know my characters as I write, so it'll be really intense.

According to the NaNoWriMo website, there are two types of writers: Planners and Pantsers. Guess which one I am??


Pantser BadgeYou believe in hardcore spontaneity.You’ll spend the months before November stocking up on inspiration and mayyybe a vague idea or two (if you’re ambitious).On November 1, you’ll have a blank document and your imagination.  
 Yup. Except minus the parts about actually thinking about it months in advance. More like the day before...heh. But come on, let's look on the bright side! At least I won't be one of those in the "I Over-Planned My NaNoWriMo Novel" category.

Don't worry, I have my NaNo Pinterest board on secret, so you all out there who are following me won't be completely drowned. Yeah, you're welcome.

So, hey. Are you doing NaNoWriMo?? Come buddy me on the website! I'm sofafiabee and I'm looking for NaNoWriMo connections.

Let's own this.

1 comment:

  1. Niiiice! I know why you are excited! Have fun with that!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love to hear your thoughts:) And hey, thanks for reading.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...