Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sisu, Nisu, & Sauna: FinnFest 2014

My dear friend Teresa and I got to head down to the Twin Cities today to attend the final day of FinnFest 2014:D
It was pretty cool to be able to just overhear people speaking in Finnish everywhere we went & listen to the Finnish accents.
There was a LOT of different things to see.

Some Teresa feets:
Here's the term referred to in my blog's name :D
Annnd, my shirt I got:
One of my favorite parts was visiting the booth of a woman from my church. She's an artist, and she was sharing her art at FinnFest. Anyway, she made these little "touching stones" that she was giving out. She shook up the jar of these objects and had you choose one at random. They each had a word on them, and it was a sort of "word chooses the person" type of idea. The word you choose is then "your word".

I got "joy". It's a good reminder for me. I really like it. Teresa got "toivo", or in English, "hope".

Then, on our way home, we went to one of the best places ever:
FinnStyle! :D And, there I got a new bag!! A new Marimekko bag, guys! Plus, it was on sale for FinnFest! :D
There's my dear, old, worn, green Marimekko bag. You can tell it has been quite loved. :)
And, my new one! :D I thought I was going to get red, but then I found this. I like it a lot. It feels so new!!
I'm excited to begin using my new bag, and retire my green one from several long years of good service. :)

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to go! But.. I didn't.. It sounds fun though.. Well. I've only heard about how it actually is from your perspective from you so that might not be the truth.. >:) Sounds pretty cool though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun! Thank you for inviting me sofia ;) (also I love your shirt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you like your new Marimekko bag too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (btw for all you people out there.. Sofia LOVES comments ;) :) even ask her)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW! Wish I could have been there to see your new bag, I think I like it even better than the green one, which is amazing because I am a green lover at heart! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away! I love to hear your thoughts:) And hey, thanks for reading.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...