Saturday, August 9, 2014

Beginning Quiet Time

A couple days ago, I read this post on one of my favorite blogs, Curious Ramblings. It's "Ways To Change Up Your Quiet Time", and it has some really good stuff. I've never had a quiet time as Chloe describes in her post, but hey, never too late to start, right? ;) So, I got some inspiration and started it myself. I took her suggestion of reading three chapters per day, because it sounds simple & manageable. (And yes, it seems to be the perfect length, thus far.)
 
So, here's my quiet time essentials.
 
 I have:
  • My green spiral bound notebook
  • A new(!) black spiral bound notebook
  • A pen
  • A highlighter
  • My timer for 30 minutes (I'm allowed to go over, of course ;) )
  • (Not pictured, but always, my ever-present green Marimekko bag that made it into this post.)
  • And, of course...
My Bible:)

The timer for 30 minutes is really important for me, but probably not for others. If I didn't have that timer for 30 minutes, I wouldn't be able to concentrate at all. That's how I work with studying, too. Commit to a half hour, then a break. And so on. :)

It's been really interesting.  I love how I don't have to do it at a certain time; I don't work well with set routines. I can do it whenever. :) I've been recording my thoughts, too. I'm not brave enough to share anything, but God is certainly showing me a lot through this, so far. Quiet time is quite a wonderful practice to have.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sophia, this just made my day. I'm so thrilled you've started a quiet time!!! Wow, what a blessing!!!!!!!! Thank you again for being such a faithful commenter and follower. I adore your comments and I'm just so happy that you've started a quiet time. Wow. :D I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D I love your blog, and I appreciate the comment! Quiet time is one of the best things that has happened to me in a long time! Thanks for your post! :):)

      Delete

Comment away! I love to hear your thoughts:) And hey, thanks for reading.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...